How to make a faster comp.sources.unix

Sean Fulton sean at utodaycom
Fri Dec 7 18:00:52 AEST 1990

In article <10770:Nov3009:18:4790 at kramden.acf.nyu.edu> brnstnd at kramden.acf.nyu.edu (Dan Bernstein) writes:

>You want comp.sources.unix to produce software faster? You want to
>contribute some effort? Stop whining and start beta testing!
>
>I'd like to help. If Rich sends me each comp.sources.unix submission at
>some stage of editing, I'll do my best to look at and test at least half
>the packages in each volume. I'll tell Rich what I think about each
>package, and I'll follow any guidelines he sets on things to look for.
>I'll tell him if I ever find I no longer have the time or resources to
>keep up with his schedule.

I'd like to help as well. I'm not sure if I've the experience needed
to do serious editing, but I'd sure be into some beta work.

I do appreciate the work Rich is doing and for those who find his
schedule too slow, find an alternate group.

I really haven't followed this thread from the beginning, but I've
seen the bashing of late and it's really too bad. It's too bad because
I've learned an incredible amount from working with software from
comp.sources.unix, all the while fairly safe in the understanding that
the sources I was getting were clean and thoroughly-tested. Piss off a
volunteer and you might well lose him. And that would indeed be sad.
Sean Fulton					sean at utoday.com
UNIX Today!					(516) 562-5430
 /* The opinions expressed above are not those of my employer */