How to make a faster comp.sources.unix

Paul Graham pjg at acsu.buffalo.edu
Sat Dec 1 14:36:46 AEST 1990

brnstnd at kramden.acf.nyu.edu (Dan Bernstein) writes:
|Do you want to help? Do you want to see comp.sources.unix submissions
|ahead of time, and help give each package the workout it deserves? Say
|so. Follow up to this message and make a commitment.

i admire this action but this really isn't a new idea.  and i think
it puts the cart before the horse.  it seems we should have a framework
to operate in before we start planning the operation.  at the very
least rich should tell us if he thinks this is a good idea.

if there is sufficient support for a new way to deliver unix sources
then a call for discussion and vote for a new group should be simple
if comp.unix.sources is felt to be deficient in some way and nothing
is going to change.

we could call it comp.sources.unix.refereed.

--
pjg at acsu.buffalo.edu / rutgers!ub!pjg / pjg at ubvms (Bitnet)
opinions found above are mine unless marked otherwise.