Looking for simple screen-oriented editor

M. A. Sridhar sridhar at usceast.cs.scarolina.edu
Tue Feb 13 05:10:48 AEST 1990

I'm looking for a screen-oriented editor for Unix machines.
This is intended for students who are
first-time Unix users, so ideally the editor
must be simple to use, with lots of on-line help. (The VMS editor KED, or the
built-in editor for Turbo Pascal, seem to be good examples.)
It does not need to have all the bells and whistles
that emacs, or even vi, does. For the moment, I'd like it implemented on an
AT&T 3B2/300 running SysV, but perhaps it could be ported to other
Unix machines.

If I can't get such an editor, perhaps there is a set of micro-emacs or vi
macros out there that could make the editor look like KED?

Please e-mail your responses. I'll post a summary. Thanks in advance.

					Sridhar