archiver wanted

Greg Lindahl gl8f at astsun.astro.Virginia.EDU
Wed Jan 17 04:36:37 AEST 1990

In article <250 at comcon.UUCP> roy at comcon.UUCP (Roy M. Silvernail) writes:

>Ok, soapbox off... but I'm surprised you don't have PKZIP. All the BBS
>systems I frequent use the ZIP compressor, and many of these systems
>refuse to permit ARCfiles at all. (so much for the grand victory)

The original poster didn't say if he was using MS-DOS or not. Phil Katz
doesn't release source code for PKZIP -- ARC has released the source code
for ARC. That makes a big difference for us folks who don't use MS-DOS.

We do exist, you know.

Greg Lindahl
gl8f at virginia.edu                                  Astrophysicists for Choice.