Anonymous FTP list - who archives alt.sources? (We do !)

Karl Lehenbauer karl at ficc.ferranti.com
Mon Jul 30 14:14:03 AEST 1990

We have been archiving alt.sources, comp.sources.d, comp.sources.bugs, the
PC, Amiga, Mac and ST sources and binaries and the rest of the usual
groups at sugar.hackercorp.com since around February of this year.  (The sugar
archives include autogenerated index files containing filenames and article
subjects, thanks to a modified version of arcnews used there)

ficc.ferranti.com has alt.sources back to December '89, but these files have
been sifted, named and moved about while the sugar ones used the
archive-name header if it was present or used the date-received plus process
ID of arcnews for uniqueness.  Which is preferable is a matter of opinion.
(The sugar archives are complete for the time period they cover -- even
BIFF's C0WABUNGA posting is in there -- at least for now)

Trouble is neither site is directly on the Internet, nor can they particularly
support mailserver access, etc.  (The archives are available to callers of
the Sugar Land Unix BBS at 713-438-5018)

I would be interested in forwarding a tape or arranging some other kind of
one-shot vacuum cleaner operation to an Internet site willing to host an
alt.sources archive where they would be grabbing future postings on their own.
Email if you're qualified and interested.

--
-- uunet!ficc!karl  	"I am here by the will of the people and I won't leave
   uunet!sugar!karl	 until I get my raincoat back." -- Metrophage