shar blues

Warren Tucker wht at n4hgf.Mt-Park.GA.US
Mon Jul 16 08:04:35 AEST 1990

The shar matter has caused me more pain, flame and uncertainty than all
of my paid work for the last two years.  Everybody has their own
idea of what shar should do, more or less than what we have,
or differently.  I posted what I have in the can and abdicate,
quoting two of the best examples of mail I got just today:

Message 10:

> Do you have any intention of merging in the latest changes I
> sent you several weeks ago?  If not, why not?

Message N:

> This must be the height of Creeping Featurism:  The first version
> of shar, still in use in many places, is a 638-byte shell file!

Well, I rue the day I got into this religious fight.
I enjoyed the comradery of what I consider a great example
of loosely coupled team achievement.  But now,
other things draw me from the riff.