Infix Calculator for Un*x, VAX/VMS, PC/MS-DOS available.

hvm6034 hvm6034 at ux.acs.umn.edu
Tue Jul 24 16:23:32 AEST 1990

ICALC, a simple and portable Infix Calculator for Un*x, VAX/VMS, PC/MS-DOS,
etc. is now available via Anonymous FTP from moose.cccs.umn.edu (Internet
Address 128.101.107.53).  Get the file ICALC.TXT (in ASCII mode), read it and
follow the instructions contained therein.

If you do not have FTP access, please contact me somehow with some form of
e-mail/paper-mail address, and I'll post it to you personally.

ICALC has the following features:
    1) Addition (+), Subtraction (-), Multiplication (*), Division (/)
    2) Modulo (%), Powers (^)
    3) Bitwise logical operators: bitwise AND (&), bitwise inclusive OR (|),
       unary one's complement (~)
    4) 17 Math/Trigonometric functions: sin, cos, tan, asin, acos, atan,
       sinh, cosh, tanh, exp (exponential), ln (natural log),
       log (base 10 log), sqrt (square root), ceil (ceiling), floor, int, abs.
    5) Temporary variables (as many as you want, with names as long as you
       want) to store intermediate computations.
    6) This is a "portable" calculator in the sense that it's not specific to
       any operating system.  The program should be compilable by any C
       compiler; this program has been tested on Unix, VAX/VMS and PC/MS-DOS,
       and has required NO changes to compile.
    7) This program uses the simplest of input and output formats, and is in
       no way hardware dependent.  So, as long as it compiles without any
       problems, there are no other requirements for it to work properly.
    8) All numbers are of the C floating-point type "double".

I'm not posting the source so as to keep the bandwidth down, and because I'm
not sure the world needs Yet Another Calculator program :-)

/*  Rao Akella, Research Asst., CCCS, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis  */
/*  Internet: rao at moose.cccs.umn.edu, hvm6034 at ux.acs.umn.edu                */
/*  BITNET:   RAO%MOOSE at UMNACVX.BITNET, CCCSRAO at UMNHSNVE.BITNET             */
/*  Phone:    (W) (612) 627-4151    (H) (612) 339-9982                      */
/*  "Most novices picture themselves as masters - and are content with the  */
/*   picture.  This is why there are so few masters."  -- Jean Toomer       */