UUPC

Roy M. Silvernail cybrspc!roy at cs.umn.edu
Wed Jun 27 13:12:25 AEST 1990

kleonard at gvlv1.gvl.unisys.com (Ken Leonard) writes:

> In article <388BL2w162w at cybrspc> cybrspc!roy at umn.cs.edu (Roy M. Silvernail) w
> * use a FOSSIL driver and even lets you use a screen driver (at last! :-).
> ........^^^^^^
> Which is exactly why I _do_not_ use it!!  It _requires_ the [many and violent
> expletives deleted] FOSSIL!  And if I put FOSSIL into my system, I can't
> run any other comm program (that doesn't use fossil), and can't run Windows,
> and can't run a couple other program because (I wish I _could_ figure out
> the reason!)

Perhaps it's too much caffiene, eh, Ken?

Waffle *allows* a FOSSIL driver to be used, but it does NOT require it.
You can use the native serial routines and get along just fine.

I'm curious... FOSSIL support wasn't even added until V1.61; how did you
come to believe it was required?

Personally, I load my FOSSIL before use, and unload it afterward. (I use
BNU)
--
    Roy M. Silvernail   | 'I don't see why you people    | Opinions found
    now available at:   | seem to think this is magic... | herein are mine,