Rich $alz is still alive ??!!!??!!

David N. Blank dnb at meshugge.media.mit.edu
Fri Nov 30 07:35:11 AEST 1990

> It will go to alt.sources, since that is currently the only reliable
> channel for general-purpose sources.

You bet, any code that is submitted gets posted. No one checks for
code with security holes, code that doesn't compile, non-standard
idioms (makefiles & etc), missing files, non-standard shar formats,
portability, & etc.

Don't get me wrong, I am greatly indebted to the people who have
posted code to alt.sources, and appreciate that they have done so.
Both delivery mechanisms have their place in this world.  When source
is posted, all of the above is done by R. Salz (and done well, in my
experience).  Perhaps he could make improvements in the service he
provides, but if I had to pick between slow or shoddy work, I think I
would go for slow.
     Peace,
        dNb

P.S. I got lost in your logic somewhere. Is this correct:

   1) You won't be posting the latest version of pbmplus (a great
package, BTW) to comp.sources.unix, only to alt.sources.
   2) Those who don't get alt.sources willl scream.
   3) You will forward their messages to R.Salz, who didn't post your
package because he didn't have it?

This is supposed to do exactly what?