Okay, I give up.

Cave Newt roelofs at nas.nasa.gov
Tue Nov 20 15:41:03 AEST 1990

dcon at cbnewsc.att.com (david.r.connet) writes:
>Yup.  I eventually drew a map and discovered there's only 12 (if memory
>serves) rooms.  But, oh, the number of passages...

There were two mazes, were there not?  One with 12 rooms, including (or plus)
one with the vending machine in it, and one with perhaps 8 or 9 rooms, in
which the pirate hid the stuff he stole.  One of them used different per-
mutations of "little twisty passages," but the other called them all the
same thing, I think.

The big one was extremely interconnected--of the 10 possible directions of
movement, each room had passages going in 8 of them, for a total of 48
tunnels (I think :) ).  The little one was more strung out, and some of
the passages connected back to the room of origin.

This was the 350-point version, I believe, on an old PDP-11 micro.