Okay, I give up.

newman_r at cho006.cho.ge.com newman_r at cho006.cho.ge.com
Fri Nov 16 04:10:16 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov11.040756.27552 at zorch.SF-Bay.ORG>, xanthian at zorch.SF-Bay.ORG (Kent Paul Dolan)
> kirkaas at makaha.cs.ucla.edu (paul kirkaas) writes:
>
>>What the heck is the history behind "xyzzy" ????  I've seen so many
>>references to it here I feel like I'm missing a vital piece of
>>historic computer lore.
>
>>What gives?  What is the origin of xyzzy, what is it supposed to
>>do; how have so many people heard of it???

[]
> By the way, Adventure is also the source of the line "you are in a maze of
> twisty little passages, all alike", in case that one also had you confused.

or any number of permutations of the same, like (if memory serves) "you are
in a maze of little twisty passages, all alike."  I think that the particular
permutation served as a clue as to which way to get out through the maze.
--
Bob Newman                           internet:  newman_r at cho006.CHO.GE.COM
                                     GE DECNET: CHO006::NEWMAN_R