Comp.sources.unix and replacing Rich Salz

Gregory M. Paris gmp at rayssd.ssd.ray.com
Thu Nov 29 03:23:01 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov27.075737.16836 at vicom.com> lmb at vicom.com (Larry Blair) writes:
> Well, it's happened again.  Less than 2 days after I called for someone to
> replace Rich Salz, he dribbled out a little more software.  I'M SICK OF IT!

The funny thing is that Rich promised some several months ago that if
the newsgroup suffered another dry spell, he'd resign.  I'd say it's
been suffering one hell of a dry spell and it's time for Rich to admit
that he can't do the job and resign as promised.  (Rich, no need to
wait for the net to elect a new moderator; nobody's going to notice any
difference when you resign -- as long as the moderator's address is
changed to /dev/null. :-( )

The people I don't understand are the Rabid Salz Defenders.  The
newsgroup has been next to worthless for well more than a year now.
How can they defend the job he's been doing?  One may like the guy
personally, fine, but please recognize that he's been doing nothing,
effectively, for comp.sources.unix for a long time.

--

Greg Paris <gmp at quahog.ssd.ray.com>        {uiucdcs,uunet}!rayssd!gmp