ndu -- news disk usage

Chip Rosenthal chip at chinacat.Unicom.COM
Sat Nov 17 05:44:33 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov15.090658.8937 at yenta.alb.nm.us>
	dt at yenta.alb.nm.us (David B. Thomas) writes:
>I just wrote a handy disk usage analyzer for news that I call "ndu",
>"news disk usage".

You might want to check out the "du" program posted to comp.sources.misc
a few months back ("enh-du" was the archive name if I remember correctly).
Within it's kitchen sink arsenal of features are some switches which help
do this task.  In fact, an "ngsizes" script is included with the distribution
to give this kind of report.

That "du" works best in a System V environment, although work is
underway to better support Suns and other architectures which contain
an st_blocks in stat(2).

If you have any hacks which would make that "du" more useful, feel free
to send them along and I'll try to get it into an update (at some point)
if they are of general interest.

--
Chip Rosenthal  512-482-8260  |  We was raising insurance premiums, ma.
Unicom Systems Development    |  We was spreading fear of arson.