Question re .net ethics

David F. Skoll dfs at doe.carleton.ca
Wed Oct 3 00:09:15 AEST 1990

I have some questions about .net ethics.

If I post an original program to alt.sources, is it ethical for me to post it
as "shareware" - ie, use it, but if you continue to use it, you must
register it and pay?  I don't think most people would go for this.

Is it OK to say "Here it is, enjoy, you have no obligations.  However,
if you want to make a donation, I would welcome it."

Or is it necessary to simply post with no obligations and no mention
of payment?

Please reply via email.  I'll summarize replies after a week.  Thanks.
--
David F. Skoll        | Department of Electronics | Opinions expressed here are
dfs at doe.carleton.ca   | Carleton University       | my own and not necessarily