Moderation of alt.sources through Mass Admonition

Tom Christiansen tchrist at convex.COM
Wed Mar 13 05:52:43 AEST 1991

>From the keyboard of sean at ms.uky.edu (Sean Casey):
:I hate form letters (and computer telephone calls and ...) with such a
:passion that I'd be likely to mail you 10 copies of it back and then
:slap on a mailbox filter to keep you out.
:
:Non-sources in alt.sources aren't welcome, but I don't approve of form
:letters as a method. Please find a better way.

No one (but one) complained when they didn't know they were form letters.
I actually got lots of nice mail back.

I've also noticed that the drivel in alt.sources is down this week since
the jihad, er mailing, began.

--tom