rdbms

John F Haugh II jfh at rpp386.cactus.org
Thu Mar 7 23:03:58 AEST 1991

In article <3817 at wb3ffv.ampr.org> wmark at wb3ffv.ampr.org (Mark Winsor) writes:
>I'm in need of a dbms system that comes with source. It can be extremely
>simple, as long as it is not extremely expensive. Anybody have any suggestions?

I don't know how much of a system you are looking for, but Faircom sells
a C-ISAM system which comes with sources.  I believe the price is < $1,000.
You would still have to write the code to handle your database relations,
if you really want the "r" part of "rdbms".  The number I have for them
is (314) 445-6833.  That is a fairly old number and I don't know if it
is still current.  They are listed as being in Columbia, MO.

[ I have no connection with Faircom other than having used their product to
  develop a RDBMS system once upon a time. ]
--
John F. Haugh II        | Distribution to  | UUCP: ...!cs.utexas.edu!rpp386!jfh
Ma Bell: (512) 832-8832 | GEnie PROHIBITED :-) |  Domain: jfh at rpp386.cactus.org
"I've never written a device driver, but I have written a device driver manual"
                -- Robert Hartman, IDE Corp.