rdbms

Phil Hughes fyl at ssc.UUCP
Wed Mar 13 03:56:55 AEST 1991

In article <19089 at rpp386.cactus.org>, jfh at rpp386.cactus.org (John F Haugh II) writes:
> In article <3817 at wb3ffv.ampr.org> wmark at wb3ffv.ampr.org (Mark Winsor) writes:
> >I'm in need of a dbms system that comes with source. It can be extremely
> >simple, as long as it is not extremely expensive. Anybody have any suggestions?
>
> I don't know how much of a system you are looking for, but Faircom sells
> a C-ISAM system which comes with sources.  I believe the price is < $1,000.
> You would still have to write the code to handle your database relations,

Another alternative if you are happy with ISAM and b-tree routines is
SoftFocus.  They handle variable length records, multi-user, ...
Nice people.  Their number is 416-825-0903.

The whole package is something like $200 with no royalty charges.

--
Phil Hughes, SSC, Inc. P.O. Box 55549, Seattle, WA 98155  (206)FOR-UNIX
     uunet!pilchuck!ssc!fyl or attmail!ssc!fyl            (206)527-3385