Jargon File Version is 2.7.1

John F Haugh II jfh at rpp386.cactus.org
Sun Mar 10 02:37:47 AEST 1991

In article <3427 at unisoft.UUCP> greywolf at unisoft.UUCP (The Grey Wolf) writes:
><19090 at rpp386.cactus.org> by jfh at rpp386.cactus.org (John F Haugh II)
>& In article <1ZgmWc#02nhn98XshJO3XTCw17MjXDN=eric at snark.thyrsus.com> eric at snark.thyrsus.com (Eric S. Raymond) writes:
>& >I will probably post 2.8.1 in about ten days.
>
>A whole file or just diffs?

What do you think?  Has Eric been civil enough to limit his outbursts
to just diffs?

>& Could you please limit it to newsgroups that I don't carry?  I am getting
>& a bit tired of Jargon File du jour.  Is there anyone else that feels the
>& same way?  Can I get an "Amen" brother?
>
>Is hitting your "k" key so hard?  Would you please limit your postings to
>newsgroups that I don't carry?

Hitting the "k" key will not correct the problem at hand - namely that
the damned thing is frequently cross-posted from the groups it obviously
belongs in (things like "misc.misc" and "alt.folklore.computers") into
groups it obviously does not belong in, like comp.unix.wizards (remember
that one?) and alt.sources.  It is not source code, nor is it a part of
a discussion about UNIX or UNIX internals or [...].  I don't carry [ as
opposed to "I don't read" ] groups such as alt.folklore.computers because
I have exactly 0 interest in things which typically fall into that
catagory, and even less interest in wasting CPU and telco line bandwidth
needed to truck about the reminiscing of a bunch of old geets [ or young
geets as the case may be ].

># On the 'Net:  Why are more and more fourth-level wizard(-wannabe)s trying
># to invoke ninth-level magic instead of taking the time to climb the other
># (quite essential) thirteen or fourteen levels so they can do this properly?

Do you really believe this bullshit?
--
John F. Haugh II        | Distribution to  | UUCP: ...!cs.utexas.edu!rpp386!jfh
Ma Bell: (512) 832-8832 | GEnie PROHIBITED :-) |  Domain: jfh at rpp386.cactus.org
"I've never written a device driver, but I have written a device driver manual"
                -- Robert Hartman, IDE Corp.