Oberon Image Warning

Dr. E.W. Lisse spel at hippo.ru.ac.za
Sun Mar 31 18:18:07 AEST 1991

In <3511 at sixhub.UUCP> hughM at sixhub.UUCP (Hugh M Moore) writes:

>In article <1991Mar25.165207.11393 at tandem.com> erv at everest.TANDEM.COM (E. Videki) writes:

>:Any volunteers out there want to help me get the
>:files correctly onto the newsgroup?  Apparently
>:I can't, even after multiple attempts.

>  This group is for *source* pinhead, not for messy-dos binaries. There
>is a group for this stuff, you are obviously not competent to post, and
>we wish you would go away.
Well, Well, Well, ain't we arrogant these days...

Personally I do agree that this might not be the right group, but flaming
won't help. (I have exchanged some very nice mails with people not
reading their manuals and then asking FAQs, where we were insulting each
us and enjoing it both :-)-O)

However, if you had bothered to check, this is a very nice package,
actually a marvelous effort and we are getting it for free.

The obvious way would have been to ask the man to post the sources,
which we still could do and ask if he had sources for unix in one's
favourite flavour.

>  No one can help you get the files correctly to this group because it
>isn't the right group! Get a life.

This is nonsense! I can post whatever I like wherever I like, if I can
take the heat (from the flames :-)-O).

>       AIDS means guys with vasectomies have to wear condoms too

This is plain disgusting, or immature? (I am an MD and see patients with
HIV occasionally, I can't find this funny at all)

regards, el
--
Dr. Eberhard W. Lisse       (spel at hippo.ru.ac.ZA)
Katatura State Hospital     (formerly extel at quagga.ru.ac.za)