One Last Wish

Kyle Jones kyle at WENDY-FATE.UU.NET
Mon May 13 04:59:15 AEST 1991

Tom Christiansen writes:
 > >From the keyboard of eric at sactoh0.sac.ca.us (Eric J. Nihill):
 > :In article <19259 at rpp386.cactus.org-> jfh at rpp386.cactus.org (John F Haugh II) writes:
 > :->In article <1991May10.032307.10210 at swsrv1.cirr.com-> toma at swsrv1.cirr.com (Tom Armistead) writes:
 > :
 > :Why is this trash showing up in alt.sources?
 >
 > Why?  Because people are careless and either don't notice or don't give a
 > damn.   One poster when reminded in email that commentary doesn't belong
 > in alt.sources got all high and mighty and claimed that he can damn well
 > post whatever he wants wherever he wants, and that if I didn't like it, I
 > should try to get alt.sources moderated.  This really seems like going too
 > far: why can't people just cooperate to do the right thing here?

Rhetorical question I'm sure, but this is just another example
showing that the net is just another facet of Real Life.  People
are unreasonable in Real Life, too.  There's no reason to expect
that the same people who drop gum on the sidewalk, or turn in
front of you without signaling, or stand right in front of the
doors so you can't get out of the train, aren't right here doing
their part to make net as aggravating a place as the rest of the
world.