One Last Wish

John F Haugh II jfh at rpp386.cactus.org
Mon May 13 23:40:01 AEST 1991

In article <1991May13.012237.27832 at convex.com> tchrist at convex.COM (Tom Christiansen) writes:
>I don't want to be moderator, John; all I would like is for alt.sources
>to be for sources.  Why is this such a terribly unreasonable thing to ask?

When you can do something to keep the irrelevant postings out of alt.sources
in the first place, then you've gone a long way to keeping the irrelevant
followups out as well.  I hate to keep saying this over and over, but not
everyone that reads about sending Chris another postcard is going to read
the article telling him or her not to over in some other newsgroup.  If you
want to point out that some posting was really way off, where is the best
place to do it?  In a different newsgroup?

In any case, who are =you= (That's Tom in case you can't figure it out) to
decide what is relevant and what isn't?  If you wish to be the moderator,
call a vote and be the moderator.  Since you stated that you don't want to
be the moderator, stop trying to moderate the group.
--
John F. Haugh II        | Distribution to  | UUCP: ...!cs.utexas.edu!rpp386!jfh
Ma Bell: (512) 255-8251 | GEnie PROHIBITED :-) |  Domain: jfh at rpp386.cactus.org
"If liberals interpreted the 2nd Amendment the same way they interpret the
 rest of the Constitution, gun ownership would be mandatory."