v19INF7: New MD4 based header to be used in c.s.m posts

Tom Neff tneff at bfmny0.BFM.COM
Thu May 9 20:22:35 AEST 1991

In article <1991May9.015935.27885 at sparky.IMD.Sterling.COM> kent at sparky.IMD.Sterling.COM (Kent Landfield) writes:
>MD4 can be used to apply a fingerprint on an article posted to USENET.

I have read RFC1186 and I don't understand how MD4 can survive migration
to EBCDIC or non-LF-delimited text formats (fixed-80, etc).  Shouldn't
something be done using an accepted minimum alphabet as the verification
domain?