mailx

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.uucp
Fri Aug 11 02:33:41 AEST 1989

In article <6703 at dayton.UUCP> joe at dayton.UUCP (Joseph P. Larson) writes:
>...I figure I'm covered, legally, but if it
>isn't supposed to be PD (ie: someone stripped the rest of the copyright
>notices before I got it), I don't want to step on toes.

It's not safe to assume that the absence of copyright notices means it's
okay to redistribute.  It may be covered by trade secret agreements, like
the AT&T Unix sources.  (In which case you should not have been given
access to it, but that's a separate issue.)  Some of the Berkeley stuff
is AT&T-derived and hence covered by Unix licensing; some is not.  It
can be a bit hard to tell.
--
V7 /bin/mail source: 554 lines.|     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
1989 X.400 specs: 2200+ pages. | uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry at zoo.toronto.edu