An apology, and a question (about uucp in Germany)

John F. Haugh II jfh at rpp386.Dallas.TX.US
Fri Jun 23 14:52:56 AEST 1989

In article <765 at ctisbv.UUCP> pim at ctisbv.UUCP (Pim Zandbergen) writes:
>In article <16720 at rpp386.Dallas.TX.US> jfh at rpp386.cactus.org (John F. Haugh II) writes:
>|My phone bill runs $60 to $100 per month.  I don't see what is so awful
>|expecting someone to spend $40 to $200 a month for USENET.
>
>I think you misunderstood Bodo. The $40..$200 is just a subscription fee.
>You have to pay the phone bill as well!

I think you missed the point.  The point is if you want to play the
game you have to pay the prices.

Living in a country with repressive telecommunications monopolies does
not grant you the right to spend the money of foreign nationals just
because they don't have a repressive telephone company.

USENET is not a god given right, contrary to the opinions of a number
of Germans who don't want to pay for it, but seem to have no trouble
expecting us to.
--
John F. Haugh II                        +-Button of the Week Club:-------------
VoiceNet: (512) 832-8832   Data: -8835  | "AIX is a three letter word,