An apology, and a question (about uucp in Germany)

Rick Richardson rick at pcrat.UUCP
Sun Jun 25 23:38:27 AEST 1989

In article <1631 at krondor.UUCP> mike at krondor.UUCP (Mike Hoffmann) writes:

|*Noone* can tell me it costs that much. Even if not all poll unido
|directly. A cost-distribution system would make it almost free for
|everyone. unido claims that they have administrational problems
|to do so, and I'm almost inclined to believe them, as german
|bureaucracy in the educational area is unbelievable.

Sounds to me like Rick Adams of UUNET should be getting his passport
in order.  Seems like there is an opportunity to create a UUNET
like facility(s) in Europe and sell Usenet at cost.  Plus, the
true costs of trans-atlantic mail could be allocated to the sending
system, instead of just dumping all the cost of mail sent or