TCP/IP using the KA9Q package

Jay "you ignorant splut!" Maynard jay at splut.UUCP
Wed Mar 15 09:51:10 AEST 1989

In article <1093 at jpusa1.UUCP> stu at jpusa1.chi.il.us (Stu Heiss,6312,6334,) writes:
>In article <483 at tiamat.fsc.com> jim at tiamat.fsc.com (Jim O'Connor) writes:
>-I have seen several articles lately about SLIP and the KAQ9 TCP/IP software
>-package and would like to ask a few questions:

(actually, it's KA9Q, after Phil Karn's amateur callsign)

>-1) will this software run on SCO Xenix 386 version 2.3.1?

Yes.

>-2) has anyone been able to compile and use it under any 80286 based *nix
>-   (particularly Xenix) ?

I'm running it now under Microport 2.4, and it's in use across the country
on Xenix.

>-3) where do I get the sources?

It's available:
1) anonymous FTP on louie.udel.edu (pub/ka9q);
2) a couple of BBSs here and there.

>How about someone posting this to alt.sources.  Please.

It might go to comp.sources.unix, but it's really pretty huge, and posting
it might not be appropriate at all.

--
Jay Maynard, EMT-P, K5ZC, PP-ASEL   | Never ascribe to malice that which can
uucp:        uunet!nuchat!   (eieio)| adequately be explained by stupidity.