renice

Jonathan Bayer jbayer at ispi.UUCP
Sat May 13 01:26:04 AEST 1989

In article <46 at utower.UUCP> fischer at utower.UUCP (Axel Fischer) writes:
>Some time ago someone has posted a "renice" program for SCO Xenix 286/386 .
>
>If anyone is using this could you please help me out ?
>
>I have installed renice as 4711 (owner: root) and uxlst as 0755 (owner: root)
>When I run renice on a process it doesn't even shows me the correct nice
>value of the process.
>It shows *always* a priority of -20.
>And renice doesn't changes the nice value - it just remains the same.

I am running the renive program on a 386.  Below is the listing of
the program as it exists.  I do not have uxlst.  It seems to work fine on
my system.   What kind of a system are you running.

---s--x--x   1 root     root       24120 Jan 12 19:40 /usr/local/bin/renice

JB
--
Jonathan Bayer			      Beware: The light at the end of the
Intelligent Software Products, Inc.	      tunnel may be an oncoming dragon