Anonymous Contact Service Software Posted

Toerless Eckert eckert at medusa.informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Fri Jul 13 03:00:44 AEST 1990

csu at alembic.acs.com (Dave Mack):
> Immediately following this article, I will post the ACS software to
> alt.sources. It will be in three parts. The source is in a uuencoded,
> compressed tar file. This annpouncement has been crossposted to comp.lang.perl
> because most of the ACS code is written in Perl and may be of interest
> to Perl hackers, but the source itself will only be posted to alt.sources.

This is a flame:

I've never heart of ACS, and neither your article nor the following
three parts of the sources contain any explanation as to what this software is,
until you unpack the whole stuff.

Why can't you people never learn that there are humans out there who
don't know your program, but would like to before deciding wether to
unpack the program or not.

So please: At the start of the first file of a sources contribution:
"What is this stuff:....."

Thanks.
--

Toerless Eckert          | /C=de/A=dbp/P=uni-erlangen/OU=informatik/S=eckert
V.4: Noah's ark of Unix  | X.400 ^ Internet> eckert at informatik.uni-erlangen.de