uumerge.pl

Jonathan I. Kamens jik at athena.mit.edu
Sat Jul 14 07:33:07 AEST 1990

  In the referenced article, Larry Wall presents to perl versions of the
uumerge script for taking uuencoded files which are split across
separate files and merging and uudecoding them.

  The problem is, Larry's script doesn't work on a uuencoded file I just
got over the net, while the uumerge script posted by Dave Mack
(csu at alembic.ACS.COM) does.

  In particular, Larry's script doesn't take deal with all possible
endings for an archive, i.e. what the one or two lines before the "end"
look like.

  I'll leave it to him to fix it.  I can provide a uuencoded file that
breaks with his script, upon request :-).

Jonathan Kamens			              USnail:
MIT Project Athena				11 Ashford Terrace
jik at Athena.MIT.EDU				Allston, MA  02134
Office: 617-253-8495			      Home: 617-782-0710