Z80emulator

Nick Sayer nsayer at uop.edu
Wed Nov 14 07:38:33 AEST 1990

nanook at rwing.UUCP (Robert Dinse) writes:

>     A while back someone posted source for a Z80 emulator including
>"upm", CP/M of sorts. I've been trying to get this running, but seem to
>be missing some of the files. For instance, ubg.c and initdisk.c seem
>not to have been in the shar files or else they didn't unshar properly
>on my system.

oops. :-)

The ubg.c file is user supplied. If you don't want to do debugging,
put in some dummy routines that do nothing. One of these days I'm
going to clean things up a bit. The problem is that the code turned
out to be so bloody slow that I got despondent.

initdisk.c doesn't exist. Use makedisk.

>     At any rate, I am without those, so I've got an emulator compiled,
>with some hacking (to get it running on a Tandy 6000), got makedisk, but
>now all I can get is no directory or binaries exist if I try to run upm.
>I >assume< (this often proves to be a mistake) that initdisk is also
>necessary?

No, you need to make a CPM file with the CPM bdos, CCP and bios. I
can't distribute those. Digital Research's lawyer can beat up my lawyer. :-)

--
Nick Sayer               | Disclaimer: "Don't try this at home, | RIP: Mel Blanc
mrapple at quack.sac.ca.us  | kids. This should only be done by    |   1908-1989