Oberon Image Warning

Mert Cramer mcramer at watdragon.waterloo.edu
Thu Mar 28 00:32:47 AEST 1991

>From article <3511 at sixhub.UUCP>, by hughM at sixhub.UUCP (Hugh M Moore):
>
>   This group is for *source* pinhead, not for messy-dos binaries. There
> is a group for this stuff, you are obviously not competent to post, and
> we wish you would go away.
>
>   No one can help you get the files correctly to this group because it
> isn't the right group! Get a life.
>
> To all the net.censors: I can't mail this guy, he will post more garbage
> if we don't stop him, don't waste time flaming me for not posting
> source.
>
> 10 PRINT "Get stuffed!"
> 20 STOP
> 30 END
> --
> Hugh Moore ...!uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!hughM [ PhD in '93 ]

Hugh Moore's posting is an example of the sort uncalled for rudeness that
gives the net a bad smell. If he does not like the posting, don't read it.
As a matter of fact if he had taken the trouble to unpack the oberon files,
he would of found that in addition the the oberon compiler it contains a
number of source code files (an example plus the librarys).

Just because you are not face to face with someone you are not free from the
usual modes of civil and polite behaviour.

A more reasonable complaint with the oberon posting is that it needed an
introduction so people would have a sense of what was within. But that happens
all the time in this and other news groups.

One thing is sure I will ignore any posting by Hugh Moore in the future.

Mert Cramer