One Last Wish

Mark Towfiq towfiq at FTP.COM
Fri May 10 03:22:11 AEST 1991

>>>>> On Mon, 06 May 91 17:31:55 EDT, dddean at bluemoon.uucp (David D. Dean) said:

David> I have been a user of the News Net for some time, and I know
David> that whenever someone posts somethig totaly irrelevent to the
David> sig that he/she gets flamed something fierce!

Not whenever, but I will suggest that the place for this posting is
certainly not "alt.sources".  I would direct you to the group news.
announce.newusers for more such pointers.

David> That is why I am donning my fire-proof suit to make this little
David> post.  It is one that I doubt anyone will flame me for, but I
David> thought I'd be safe.

I am not flaming you for your post, but I would reiterate that you
refer to the above-mentioned newsgroup.

David> You see, there is a seven year old dying, and his one last wish was
David> not that he get everything that everyone wants, but instead is a
David> fairly reachable goal.  I think that if you were to comletely read
David> what I am going to show you; you too will agree.

David> [Craig Shergold letter deleted]

The newsgroup alt.folklore.urban has devoted much time and energy to
the discussion of Craig Shergold.  The appeal for postcards for him
went out several years ago.  Since then he has collected (as other
have pointed out) far above what he needed to make a Guiness record.
In fact, the volume was so overwhelming that Craig and his family are
asking people *NOT* to send any more cards, and the Guiness Book of
Records has refused to accept any more such records because of the way
they can fly out of control like this.

The upshot of this post: *DON'T* send even *one* postcard!  Read
news.annouce.newusers and alt.folklore.urban for more information.
--
Mark Towfiq, FTP Software, Inc.                                  towfiq at FTP.COM
Work No.: +1 617 246 0900			      Home No.: +1 617 488 2818

  "The Earth is but One Country, and Mankind its Citizens" -- Baha'u'llah