Quality programming in c -- a rarity?

Mike Kupfer kupfer at ucbvax.ARPA
Sat Feb 2 16:23:08 AEST 1985

> In other words, if those who write Unix utilities, surely the
> top level of C hackers, routinely write bad code -- maybe some sort
> of restrictions in the language are necessary to help people?

Restrictions in the language (at least the ones I've seen talked about
in this group) aren't going to force people to comment their code, nor
will it force them to use nice long mnemonic variable names, nor will
it keep them from writing 10-page functions (my 3 major complaints
about the Berkeley kernel).
--
Mike Kupfer
kupfer at Berkeley