C cross compiler

John Gilmore gnu at sun.uucp
Wed Feb 13 21:47:42 AEST 1985

> IS there a good C cross compiler which will
> produce 360-20 source assembly nmemonics?

If anyone finds a card deck with a 1401 C compiler on it, please
let me know.  Now that's a machine!  3-digit addresses and variable
infinite length ints, to make your porting jobs easy.  Though at
least it checked for zero pointers; the hardware would hang requiring
a manual reset if you used one.  This is the machine where > and <
comparisons were an extra-cost OPTION -- standardly you just get = and !=.

The 360/20 appears to be a slightly facelifted 14xx machine anyway,
maybe you can get both compilers from the same source.  I know these
monkeys, see, and they have a few keypunches and lots of time...