C type declarations

jrv at Mitre-Bedford jrv at Mitre-Bedford
Sun Feb 10 08:51:26 AEST 1985

>     Indeed, changing the syntax of C type declarations at this oint is totally
> infeasible and would break lots of existing programs.  (The preious article
> suggested parsing type declarations from left to right instead f by
> precedence.)  ...
>                            Morris M. Keesan

The change I suggested could be done with only an *addition*
to the syntax - specifically, overloading the ^ operator with
a postfix as well as an infix meaning, and adding a new
declaration syntax.  I don't *think* this would break any
existing programs.
                            - Jim Van Zandt