Style Flambe

Mike Schloss mike at enmasse.UUCP
Wed Feb 20 11:04:08 AEST 1985

> > Ok.  We all live on Unix systems, right?  Isn't there this filter
> > named "pr"?  Doesn't it make sure none of the code gets printed
> > on the form breaks?  (Nod your head up and down please...we all
> > know this is true).  However, pr gets confused when it has text
> > that contains form feeds.  (I would go fix it except the code
> > is a little dense).
> >

> Pr gets confused by formfeeds?  I don't think so.  Pr should expand the
> formfeed into enough lines to get to the next page (pr under System V R.1.
> does, 4.2BSD pr leaves the formfeeds in and assumes it will cause a real
> formfeed on the printer (dual universe Pyramids have their advantages)).

Not on a Version 7 based system.  It will just print your form feed,
increment the line counter, and when it gets to 60, issue another form
feed right in the middle of your formatted code.  Also, although it does
exist in Sys 5 R2 it is not documented anywhere.  Can you say:

	"Undocumented 'Features' have a habit of going away unexpectedly"