Style Flambe

Robert Viduya robert at gitpyr.UUCP
Tue Feb 12 22:50:37 AEST 1985

><
Posted from  david at ukma.UUCP (David Herron, NPR Lover)
> Ok.  We all live on Unix systems, right?  Isn't there this filter
> named "pr"?  Doesn't it make sure none of the code gets printed
> on the form breaks?  (Nod your head up and down please...we all
> know this is true).  However, pr gets confused when it has text
> that contains form feeds.  (I would go fix it except the code
> is a little dense).

Pr gets confused by formfeeds?  I don't think so.  Pr should expand the
formfeed into enough lines to get to the next page (pr under System V R.1.
does, 4.2BSD pr leaves the formfeeds in and assumes it will cause a real
formfeed on the printer (dual universe Pyramids have their advantages)).

Besides, I don't believe Cotrell was complaining about lines appearing right
on the page break.  He was complaining about things like a block 'if' starting
on one page and finishing on the next page.

I always put a formfeed before every function of my code.  I don't have
problems with seeing "ugly" ^Ls when I'm in the editor.  I also don't have
any problems wasting paper with a lot of blank space after each function.
I feel the same way that Cotrell feels.  I don't like having to page back
and forth just to see a whole 'if' or 'while' block.

I'm not saying everyone should use my style.  Use any style you want, just
leave me the right to use my own as well.

				robert
--
Robert Viduya
Georgia Institute of Technology

...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,masscomp,ut-ngp}!gatech!gitpyr!robert
...!{rlgvax,sb1,uf-cgrl,unmvax,ut-sally}!gatech!gitpyr!robert