Language transitions

mwm at ucbtopaz.CC.Berkeley.ARPA mwm at ucbtopaz.CC.Berkeley.ARPA
Sun Feb 17 13:45:30 AEST 1985

In article <2793 at ncsu.UUCP> mauney at ncsu.UUCP (Jon Mauney) writes:
>Of the many flaws in Pascal, ordinary I/O is not one.  There is nothing
>preventing good interactive execution of Pascal programs.
>Jon Mauney    mcnc!ncsu!mauney    C.S. Dept, North Carolina State University

Except (staying within the semantics of J&W, of course!):

1) Getting read/write to work as expected on an interactive system. I've
heard that it can be done right while still maintaining the J&W semantics,
but have never seen it so done.

2) Doing the *exact* equivalent of printf("Gimme data: "); with the
cursor left at the end of the line.

	<mike