Language transitions

Norman Diamond ndiamond at watdaisy.UUCP
Tue Feb 12 06:34:11 AEST 1985

> Pascal has two major problems:  (1) it was designed as a *teaching* language,
> If anyone should be flamed for Pascal's unsuitability, it's the people
> who first took it out of its intended environment.
> --  Brandon Allbery

Unix and C were originally unavailable, and then became available only on
educational licences, and then....   So, let's flame the people who took
these out of their former environments too, especially when many flaws
remained.
--

   Norman Diamond

UUCP:  {decvax|utzoo|ihnp4|allegra|clyde}!watmath!watdaisy!ndiamond
CSNET: ndiamond%watdaisy at waterloo.csnet
ARPA:  ndiamond%watdaisy%waterloo.csnet at csnet-relay.arpa

"Opinions are those of the keyboard, and do not reflect on me or higher-ups."