Registers on the VAX 11/780?

Guy Harris guy at sun.uucp
Thu Jul 18 14:56:43 AEST 1985

> However, to answer the question -- 5.

Or is it 6?  (I can't get onto "sunvax" to test this.)  R0 through R5 are
temporary (those are the ones that can be destroyed by "movc5" instructions
and the like), R15 is the PC, R14 is the SP, R13 is the FP, and R12 is the
AP (or possibly the other way around for the last two), leaving R6 through
R11 for register variables.

BTW, for the information of the orignal poster, the answer is the same on
the VAX-11/750, VAX-11/730, VAX-11/725, MicroVAX I, MicroVAX II, VAX 8600,
etc., etc.; it's a computer family so the answer should be the same for all
machines.

	Guy Harris