Registers on the VAX 11/780?

Ray Lubinsky rwl at uvacs.UUCP
Thu Jul 11 04:19:05 AEST 1985

--
OK, I don't mind giving the complier some hints about what  variables  to  turn
into  registers, but how many register variables can I declare in a function on
the VAX 11/780?  Usefully, that is.  Is the number different than the number of
registers available for user programs?

Might as well reply by net -- I'm sure there are a lot of C fans out  there  on
VAXen that would want to know, too.  ADVthanksANCE!
--

Ray Lubinsky		     University of Virginia, Dept. of Computer Science
			     uucp: decvax!mcnc!ncsu!uvacs!rwl