Orphaned Response

mer at prism.UUCP mer at prism.UUCP
Thu Sep 12 03:40:00 AEST 1985

/* Written 11:50 am  Sep 11, 1985 by rs at mirror.UUCP in prism:net.lang.c */

> We use the Lattice compiler here at Mirror Systems.
> We purchased it through Unipress.
> We have been using it for many months.
>
> BEWARE:	Floating point has NEVER worked.  We are getting real
> 	ticked off...
> 	Also, the linker blows up on large symbol tables
> 	(seems to be whenever it's necessary to create a temp
> 	file for it); we were told this one would take a
> 	while.  It's been a couple of weeks, already.

/* End of text from prism:net.lang.c */

Ummm, it's been more like *months*.  Also, the latest version of
the linker doesn't grok uppercase, but the file "OVERLAY.LIB" is hardwired
into the code, so we're using an older version.