structured assembler (BASIC) [Really: C builtin functions?]

bzs at bu-cs.UUCP bzs at bu-cs.UUCP
Mon Apr 21 02:47:47 AEST 1986

>	What the heck is a compile-time function?  Real useful -
>	functions that return constants.  Come on now.

Whaddya mean? Macros provide compile time functions. I once wrote
a macro in ibm/asmh which yielded the sqrt of it's argument in-line,
another which ate lisp-like code and turned it into assembler at
'compile' time. Some constants are useful.

Probably depends on your pre-processor whether you have this view.

	-Barry Shein, Boston University