ANSI (where is the current draft?, BEWARE OF CBEMA!!)

Doug Gwyn <gwyn> gwyn at brl-tgr.ARPA
Fri Jan 10 05:42:38 AEST 1986

> In article <1197 at brl-tgr.ARPA> gwyn at brl-tgr.ARPA (Doug Gwyn <gwyn>) writes:
> >The ANSI X3J11 committee is still very active, but they haven't
> >finished yet.  The latest draft standard that I have a copy of
> >is Doc. No. X3J11/85-138 (Nov. 11, 1985); it should be available
> >through the X3 Secretariat: CBEMA, 311 First St NW, Washington
> >DC 20001 (202)737-8888.
>
> We just received our copy from CBEMA.  *A*P*R*I*L* draft with the nice
> goldenrod *J*U*L*Y* cover for $20.

My apologies to those who have had this trouble.  I get my copies
through unofficial channels.  I believe it is possible to join the
X3J11 mailing list and receive a copy of all their publications,
for some fee like $200/year; probably one could find out about this
and other means of obtaining copies of the drafts by asking Thomas
Plum at Plum Hall Inc., 1 Spruce Avenue, Cardiff NJ 08232.  He is
the official X3J11 interface to the public.  It would be nice if
the first person to get definitive information on this would post it.