ANSI (where is the current draft?, BEWARE OF CBEMA!!)

Joe Mueller joemu at nsc-pdc.UUCP
Sat Jan 11 09:16:24 AEST 1986

> In article <1197 at brl-tgr.ARPA> gwyn at brl-tgr.ARPA (Doug Gwyn <gwyn>) writes:
> >The ANSI X3J11 committee is still very active, but they haven't
> >finished yet.  The latest draft standard that I have a copy of
> >is Doc. No. X3J11/85-138 (Nov. 11, 1985); it should be available
> >through the X3 Secretariat: CBEMA, 311 First St NW, Washington
> >DC 20001 (202)737-8888.
>
> We just received our copy from CBEMA.  *A*P*R*I*L* draft with the nice
> goldenrod *J*U*L*Y* cover for $20.
>
> Piss.
>
> So how do I get a Nov. 11, 1985 copy?
>
> Grrr.

I will bring it up to the committee whether it's time to re-release our
current draft. The copy from CBEMA will always be out of date with our
current draft. The committee needs to explicitly vote on releasing the
draft to CBEMA, the latest draft does not automaticly go out for
distribution. CBEMA is distributing the last draft that we voted out for
distribution, unfortunately it's April's draft.

The latest copy of the draft is not kept secret, it's just too expensive to
give them out to everyone that asks, that's why we have CBEMA hand them out,
and that's why they charge $20 for it.

The only way to get current copies of the draft is to join the X3J11 committee
as either a full member or an observer or know someone that is.