need recommendation on IBM PC version of \"make\"

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX caf at omen.UUCP
Sun Jan 12 02:20:36 AEST 1986

When I was developing Professional-YAM on DOS, I used a make program
that had floated over the net.  It was rather basic, and generated a
.bat file.  It had the option to be compiled with a "system" call which
would execute the compilers directly, but I didn't have the spare memory
at the time.  It was also handy to type the batch file before lighting
it off.

I have since seen PolyMake from Polytron in Hillsboro, OR 800-547-4000.
I haven't used it, but the manual describes a program very much like
Unix make, including user defineable default rules (how to make a .obj
file given a .c file).  I expect I'd use it if bugs in the Xenix to DOS
cross compiler force me back to Lattice C.
--
   Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX  ...!tektronix!reed!omen!caf   CIS:70715,131
   Author of Professional-YAM communications Tools for PCDOS and Unix