need recommendation on IBM PC version of \"make\"

Mike Schwartz mykes at 3comvax.UUCP
Fri Jan 17 05:04:51 AEST 1986

I bought a copy of DeSmet 'C' for the IBM PC for $109.  I highly recommend
the compiler, because it is very fast, doesn't complain too much, generates
good code, and comes with some usable source code.  Also, I got some extra
disks from them, including source to a MAKE program.  At work, I use Lattice
'C', but given a choice, I would be using DeSmet in a jiffy.  I do use the
MAKE program all the time, and it works real well.  It is not a full Unix
make, but it is very simple to use, and extremely effective.  It might be
worth getting DeSmet 'C' just for the MAKE program, becuase you end up with
no only MAKE, but a great 'C' compiler too.  DeSmet 'C' is advertised in
DDJ by a company called CWARE.  Just a quickie review.

mike schwartz @ 3Com Corp.