questions from using lint

Wayne A. Christopher faustus at cad.UUCP
Tue May 6 13:52:52 AEST 1986

The thing that RBJ seems to be annoyed about is the fact that lint
generates error messages whenever you ignore the return value of
close(), unlink(), etc, and it is quite ugly to put (void) in
everywhere.  However, in my experience if you use the right flags
these are the only sort of errors you should ignore (and malloc
pointer problems, of course).  I would say that the most useful
messages lint gives you is argument type/number mismatches...

	Wayne