lint

Joseph S. D. Yao jsdy at hadron.UUCP
Sun May 4 00:58:16 AEST 1986

In article <121 at brl-smoke.ARPA> gwyn at brl.ARPA writes:
>In article <119 at brl-smoke.ARPA> art at ACC.ARPA writes:
>>	[attribution omitted]
>>> There is really no justification for not using lint.
>>Just remember that not all machines that have a C compiler also have lint.
>>A full lint (or equivalent) implementation in the public domain would
>>be very welcome.
>Perhaps he should have said "There is really no justification
>for doing C software development on a system other than UNIX"?

For those poor sufferers who have to develop under other systems,
there are many implementations of lint and make under MS-DOS: some
were listed here a short time ago.  I believe DEC has them under
its VNX tools for VMS, too -- although if you are an all-DEC shop ...
get Ultrix instead!  Much better.

"Better?  Stronger ... faster ..." cheaper ... ($6M??)
--

	Joe Yao		hadron!jsdy at seismo.{CSS.GOV,ARPA,UUCP}