questions from using lint

William Roberts liam at cs.qmc.ac.uk
Tue May 20 20:49:26 AEST 1986

In article <169 at comp.lancs.ac.uk> craig at comp.lancs.ac.uk (Craig Wylie) quotes:
>>Using braces to indicated the structure of a program results in code that
>>is quite difficult to read.  (Try removing all indentation from any C
>>program you choose and see how readable the result is.)  Of course
>>sensible programmers use indentation to indicate the structure of the
>>program to the reader.

I use programs like "cb" and "indent" to get my C programs
indented according to what they *REALLY* mean, as opposed to
what I intended them to mean (indicated by MY indenting).  This
can be quite illuminating....
--

William Roberts                 ARPA: liam at UK.AC.qmc.cs
Queen Mary College              UUCP: liam at qmc-cs.UUCP